Reproduction fee price list
Our basic price lists cover our most popular rights requests for images and films. If you have a more specific set of criteria for your project please do get in touch with the Image Sales team for a bespoke quote: email@example.com or call us +44 (0)20 8312 6631 / 6558 between 9.00–17.00 hours, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Please note, due to the current government guidelines, we are working remotely from home without access to phones until further notice.
All fees listed below are exclusive of VAT. We review these price lists every 24 months.
View the Image price list here.
View the Film Archive price list here.
Free image downloads
We are pleased to demonstrate Royal Museum Greenwich’s commitment to support education and scholarship and encourage research in our collections by waiving licensing fees for certain uses. We allow free image downloads of lower resolution JPEGs (72 dpi and 1280 pixels maximum length) of our high quality images for the following uses:
- Personal research.
- Academic Press publications, scholarly journals and self-published family history books and not-for-profit books with a print run under 1,000 (not including front covers).
- Academic theses and student essays that are not being published.
- Free educational lectures, displays or classes.
- Private websites and blogs with a primarily informational purpose.
- Non-commercial websites, defined as those which have no advertisements, retail products or any type of monetary transactions taking place on the website, including subscriptions and donations.
Please note that a maximum of 15 low resolution images can be used in any single project. If the project is reprinted or published as new edition, then a fee would need to be paid.
Creative commons Attribution, Non-commercial No Derivatives (CC BY-NC-ND) licence terms apply (only when underlying object/artwork copyright is expired).
All images must be credited © National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London
To download, please select the ‘Download this asset’ button on the relevant image.
If you are unsure of whether free image use is applicable to your project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.